Nur in Englisch
– 30g sugar
– 330g warm milk
– 15g yeast
– 1 tsp salt
– 80g butter
– 650g bakers flour
– 2 eggs (one for egg wash)
– 1 tablespoon milk
– sesame seeds
- Place the sugar in the TM bowl and whiz for 3 seconds on speed 9.
- Add the milk and heat on 50 degrees for 90 seconds.
- Add the yeast, butter, flour and egg in the TM bowl and mix to combine for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Set the dial to closed lid position. Knead for 3 minutes on Interval speed.
- Remove the dough and form a ball and place in a large lightly greased or oiled bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and and place in a warm place for for 30-60 minutes until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and shape into rolls. I made small buns and each weighed 60 grams. I got 20 buns. You can make large buns and the recipe will make 8 good sized buns for hamburgers.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet that has a small amount of corn meal/polenta sprinkled over it.
- Allow the buns to rest in a warm place for up to 30 minutes until nearly doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Lightly beat the extra egg and milk and brush the tops of the buns. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in the oven for 20 minutres, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- These freeze well.
There’s some waiting time for rising so count that in your total time required from start to finish.